OFFICIAL MOTOGP SEASON REVIEW 2014
Dispatch Date - 25th November 2014
Now in its 11th year of publication, this officially endorsed all-colour hardback provides comprehensive coverage of the 18-race MotoGP World Championship season of motorcycle racing, complete with race reports, comment, analysis and statistics, written and edited by TV commentator Julian Ryder and featuring superb photography by Andrew Northcott. Fast-track printing immediately after the last MotoGP race of the season means that this sought-after book of record becomes available fully four weeks before Christmas.
- Eight-page reports of each MotoGP race, complete with full statistics and lap-chart graphics.
- In-depth technical analysis of the year’s talking points from leading MotoGP technical expert Neil Spalding.
- The unique ‘Rider’s Rider of the Year’ poll ranks the year’s contenders according to votes by the riders themselves.
- Superb photography by Andrew Northcott captures all the excitement, action and atmosphere of motorcycle racing at its best.
- Supporting Moto2 and Moto3 categories covered in full, as well as the Red Bull rookies races.
- Riders for Health, the official MotoGP charity, reports on its achievements in 2014.
- Officially endorsed by DORNA, organisers of MotoGP.
Book specification as follows:
- Publication date: 25 November 2014
- UK price: £30.00
- ISBN: 978-0-9928209-8-5
- Format: 300x230mm
- Jacketed hardback
- Page extent: 208pp, colour throughout
- Illustration: 250 colour photographs
- Word count: 40,000
Julian Ryder is best known for his colourful and insightful style as a TV commentator on the BT Sport team, but he is also a prolific journalist and author. He has been writer and editor of the Official MotoGP Season Review since its inception in 2004 and his other books include MotoGP Source Book and Carl Fogarty: The complete racer. He lives in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
“With a new publishing company on board for 2014 we wondered if Ryder’s observations might be tempered slightly. No fear – his most recent effort is actually more amazing than what we’ve seen from this book previously. As we’ve said before, Ryder’s season review is better than any YouTube video, more in-depth than any weak tweet and offers more solid info than any purported MotoGP iPad app.”
“This all-colour hardback provides comprehensive coverage of the 18-race MotoGP World Championship, with race reports, comment, analysis and statistics. There are also superb sections on how each of the bikes was developed over the season, while the photography is worth the price alone.”
“It’s all laid out in an easy-to-digest fashion, which is impressive given the sheer amount of information packed into the book’s 200-plus pages. The photos aren’t bad either; even in still shots of Marquez, the combination of flair and control that marks him out as a potential all-time great is fully apparent.”
“Solid summary of an eventful season from the veteran commentator… for many the whole thing will be worth the £30 for the Andrew Northcott pictures alone.”
“We suggest you get yourself a copy of the Official MotoGP Season Review. Written by Julian Ryder, but more importantly photographed by Andrew Northcott, you have a 208-page review on everything that happened in the 2014 season. S-weet.’
“Provides comprehensive coverage of the 18-race MotoGP season, complete with race reports, comment, analysis and statistics.”
Motor Cycle News