GERRY MARSHALL: HIS AUTHORISED BIOGRAPHY
£25.00 was £35.00
This product is currently sold out.
Gerry Marshall was a legendary figure in British motorsport from the mid-1960s until his death in 2005. A larger-than-life character in every way, Gerry’s outrageous behaviour, humour, outspokenness and legendary capacity for alcohol combined to ensure that no social event with his presence will ever be forgotten, while his amazing car control, tenacity and natural showmanship provided wonderful entertainment for thousands of racegoers over a 40-year career in which he won more than 600 races. This is a lavishly illustrated tribute to be treasured by all of Gerry’s fans.
- The full story of Gerry’s 40-year racing career on and off track.
- A photographic biography, from childhood through to his death while testing a car at Silverstone in 2005 – he succumbed to a heart attack at the wheel and his car coasted gently to a halt in front of the grandstands.
- Draws on a wealth of splendid photographs from his son Gregor’s collection, and features personal correspondence, track passes, magazine and newspaper features, programmes, trophies and other memorabilia.
- Special focus on the ten-year relationship with Bill Blydenstein and DTV (Dealer Team Vauxhall), racing Vivas, Magnums, Firenzas and the awesome V8s, including ‘Big Bertha’ and ‘Baby Bertha’.
- The races, the incidents, the wheeling and dealing, the parties
- UK price: £35.00
- ISBN: 978-1-910505-03-8
- Format: 280x230mm
- Jacketed hardback
- Page extent: 264pp
- Illustration: 290 photographs, colour and black/white
Jeremy Walton created a freelance automotive consultancy and writing business in 1978. Over the years he has contributed to national newspapers and consumer magazines. He has also written 35 books, including Only Here For The Beer, Gerry Marshall’s memoir published in 1978. For this long-awaited follow-up book he collaborated with Gregor Marshall, Gerry’s son.
‘Never mind being ‘Book of the Month’, it’ll need something special to stop this being the best of the year.’
Classic & Sports Car