The glory years, 1967–84
- This item will be available in early 2024
• Birth of the European Formula 2 Championship in 1967, when Jacky Ickx (the writer of the book’s foreword) became the first champion, driving a Tyrrell-entered Matra.
• French Matra cars propelled the next two champions, Jean-Pierre Beltoise (1968) and Johnny Servoz-Gavin (1969), both Frenchmen.
• Of all the manufacturers of Formula 2 cars, March achieved the most success, Ronnie Peterson (1971) becoming the first of six champions to win in these British-built cars.
• A fine all-British year, 1972, saw ex-motorcycle ‘great’ Mike Hailwood win the championship in a Surtees car.
• French champions in five consecutive years: Jean-Pierre Jarier (1973), Patrick Depailler (1974), Jacques Laffite (1975), Jean-Pierre Jabouille (1976) and René Arnoux (1977) dominated their era and all but Jarier went on to become Grand Prix winners.
• Toleman and Ralt cars – also made in Britain – emerged in the final years of the championship, which saw three more British champions: Brian Henton (1980), Geoff Lees (1981) and Jonathan Palmer (1983).
• The other champions were Clay Regazzoni (1970), Bruno Giacomelli (1978), Marc Surer (1979), Corrado Fabi (1980) and Mike Thackwell (1984)
Page extent: 448pp
Illustration: 500 photographs, including colour
We deliver to addresses throughout the world.
UK Mainland delivery costs (under 2kg) by Royal Mail £4.00.
Books will normally be shipped within two working days of order. Estimated delivery times post shipment. UK: Up to 5 working days. Europe, Northern Ireland and Highlands and Islands: Up to 8 days. USA: Up to 12 days
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR EU CUSTOMERS: Delivered Duty Unpaid (DDU) means that customers are responsible for paying the destination country's customs charges, duties. Regrettably parcels will sometimes be held by customs until any outstanding payments are made. Any payments not received may result in courier returning or in some cases destroying your books.
Unwanted products can be returned with the original packaging within 14 days of delivery. Returns will be at your own cost.
If you receive a faulty or damaged item please contact email@example.com for return and replacement information.