STIRLING MOSS: ALL MY RACES
This acclaimed book tells the story of each of the 529 races in which the great Stirling Moss took part, from the start of his racing life in 1947 to his career-ending crash at Goodwood in 1962. Told in Sir Stirling’s own words, the book is packed with detail and anecdote, supported by a wealth of photographs – many previously unpublished – that show all the greatest moments and the extraordinary variety of cars he drove. This is a book to treasure as well as a unique reference source.
- Every race covered in detail – plus hillclimbs, rallies and record-breaking.
- Told with superb clarity and recall, whether a minor ‘clubbie’ (such as his first race at Brough in Yorkshire) or a major international (such as the 1955 Mille Miglia in Italy).
- Lavish illustration of every type of car, all the important victories, and races from every part of the globe.
- Packed with fascinating detail and anecdote, including numerous nuggets of new material that will delight fans.
- Every race entry is accompanied by detailed data to complete a unique record of a unique sportsman’s career.
Book specification as follows:
- UK price: £30.00
- ISBN: 978-1-910505-04-5
- Format: 280x230mm
- Jacketed hardback
- Page extent: 352pp
- Illustration: 300 photographs, colour and black/white
This book is the result of collaboration between Sir Stirling Moss OBE and Alan Henry, the highly experienced Formula 1 journalist who has reported for The Guardian, Autocar and F1 Racing as well as having been the long-time editor of Autocourse.
‘The bookcases of Moss fans will be groaning with the rush of recent titles, but this new one from the man himself and F1 authority Alan Henry offers a welcome angle. From his debut at the ’47 Harrow CC Trial in his Dad’s BMW 328 to the grim ’62 Glover Trophy at Goodwood, the pair list every event he contested.’
Classic & Sports Car