25 Years of GT Racing
This product is currently sold out.
This lavish book tells the story of Stéphane Ratel’s journey from passionate young car enthusiast to architect of modern GT racing world-wide. Explained in his own words, and through those who have worked and raced with him, this extraordinary 25-year tale reveals the ups and downs behind the rise of GT racing to today’s world-wide phenomenon of great cars and great racing organised by the SRO Motorsports group. Complementing the story is a wonderful selection of 550 colour photographs covering every step of the way.
- Early days with the Venturi Trophy and BPR Series, leading to FIA-sanctioned GT racing, then the modern era of the Blancpain Series.
- Breaking new ground: Ratel has always revelled in taking his GT racers to pioneering venues such as Zhuhai in China, Potrero de los Funes in Argentina and Baku in Azerbaijan.
- Nearly 100 one-page interview pieces showcase many of the significant drivers from 25 years, including Allan McNish, Mark Webber, Toto Wolff, Alex Zanardi, Andrea Bertolini, Karl Wendlinger and Darren Turner.
- The great GT cars of 25 years analysed, including McLaren F1 GTR, Porsche GT1 98, Mercedes GTR, Chrysler Viper, Ferrari 550 Maranello, Maserati MC12, Ford GT and Audi R8 LMS.
- The world’s greatest GT race, the Spa 24 Hours, has its own chapter, covering the post-2001 period in which SRO has achieved a remarkable revival in the stature of the race.
- An impressive book of super-large format, luxury treatment, fine design and colourful imagery.
- ISBN: 978-1-910505-26-7
- Format: 350x275mm
- Page extent: 408pp
- Illustration: 550 photographs
Andrew Cotton is a motoring and motorsport journalist and is Editor of the highly respected Racecar Engineering magazine. He regularly contributes to Germany’s Sport Auto and Motorsport Aktuell publications, covering endurance and GT racing around the world. He was first introduced to the BPR Series by his father, Michael, in 1996, and is still walking the paddocks of national and international racing series, including the Blancpain Series.